The Advantages Of Working With A Certified Family Law Specialist
It’s not easy to choose a lawyer — the sheer quantity of family law attorneys in Berkeley and elsewhere in the Bay Area can be overwhelming, and even after you’ve read through each firm’s website, you might not be any closer to making a choice. One way to narrow your search is to ignore each firm’s vague marketing claims and look for verifiable accomplishments and certifications.
In particular, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization offers official certification for attorneys who complete a rigorous set of requirements. These attorneys are the only ones who can legally advertise themselves as specialists, and their specialized knowledge and experience provide a significant benefit to their clients. That’s why Sabharwal Law Offices is proud to be led by attorney Sunena Sabharwal, a certified family law specialist practicing in the Bay Area and throughout Northern California.
Recognizing The Specific Skills Of A Certified Family Law Specialist
In order to become a certified family law specialist, Ms. Sabharwal had to satisfy the following requirements:
- Passage of a written examination in the legal specialty area
- Practiced law continuously for at least five years, spending at least 25 percent of the time given to occupational endeavors practicing in the specialty area
- Completion of continuing education in the specialty area greater than that required of general licensees of the bar
- Demonstration of broad-based and comprehensive experience in the specialty area based on completion of a variety of matters in the specialty area
- Favorable evaluations by other attorneys and judges familiar with the attorney’s work in the specialty area of law
In the course of obtaining her board certification, Ms. Sabharwal has developed significant experience and knowledge in the area of family law. From complex divorce to child custody and financial support for married and unmarried couples, we can help you navigate the legal system with confidence.